NEW Exhibitor Opportunity - Technical Program Mobile Sessions
KY/TN Section AWWA and KY-TN WEA will offer a new way to learn at WPC18 in Nashville that blends technical programming with the exhibition experience. Mobile Sessions will be offered in the Exhibit Hall as part of this pilot program. For each complete mobile session attended, attendees will have the opportunity to earn professional development hours (PDHs) or continuing education credits (CEUs) for water and/or wastewater operators.
These sessions are meant to be anti-PowerPoint learning opportunities and will allow attendees to visit selected exhibit booths for technical presentations combined with equipment or hands-on visuals. The intent is to provide a hands-on experience focusing on face-to-face exchanges between vendors, operators, and engineers. Mobile session attendees will meet at the Registration Desk and will travel as a group to a series of exhibit booths, led by a Mobile Session Moderator.
Session guidelines are listed below.
1. Sessions are open to any exhibitor registered for WPC18 by March 1, 2018. Space is limited for participation in this pilot program. There will be 4 presentations per one-hour session. Two time slots will be offered as follows on Tuesday, July 10:
● 8:35 am - 9:35 am
● 10:20 am - 11:20 am
2. Exhibitor Presentation Timeline (tentative) – 15 minutes per presentation
● 11 minutes: Discussion or hands-on demonstration of a technical topic related to the technology/service provided by the vendor, following a brief introduction of the firm’s products/services.
● 2 minutes: Q&A
● 2 minutes: Travel to the next booth
3. To submit an abstract, click HERE and provide the following information::
● Presenter Contact Information and Bio (150 word maximum) – a technical staff person must deliver the presentation. Presenters must be technically proficient to handle challenging questions and adjust presentations to the interest of the participants.
● Technical Presentation Abstract (150 word maximum)
4. Abstract submissions must be received by March 1. Submitters will be notified of selection status by April 1.