Top 10 Reasons to Attend WPC
- Over 175 technical sessions presented by top thought leaders and professionals in our industry
- The opportunity to earn countless CEUs (including PDH, WW, DW, & TNUB)
- Two local plant tour offerings: City of Chattanooga Moccasin Bend Wastewater Treatment Facility (in person) and Tennessee American Water Company, Citico Water Treatment Plant Tour (virtual)
- Two in-depth workshops featuring deep dives into Clean Water and Drinking Water topics
- A special YP track, keynote, and social event
- Our signature Member Celebration – a huge hit every year!
- Three acclaimed competitions to join in or cheer on in our Exhibit hall
- Breakfasts to celebrate our award winners from AWWA and CWP
- Almost 10 hours of Exhibit Hall time to meet with our stellar assembly of industry partners, giving you the chance to learn more about the tools, technologies, resources, and services you need to perform at your best
- Phenomenal networking opportunities during our breaks, ice cream socials, conference meals, and evening events
Tips for Receiving Corporate or Leadership Approval
- Develop a clear plan and research the program, benefits, and costs prior to requesting attendance. (You’ll find many details right here on our website!)
- Consider what the potential return on investment is for the organization sponsoring your attendance at WPC.
- Focus on knowledge transfer: What information will you bring back to your organization? Articulate the connection between your organization’s needs and opportunities offered by the conference program.
- Plan on formalizing this information in a brief memo, presentation, or discussion with your team after attending.
- Register early to take advantage of lower registration rates.
- Remember to highlight that is it generally cost effective to attend a large event (like WPC!) with multiple attributes – technical sessions, networking events, continuing education credits, professional development opportunities, large exhibition hall and multiple vendor contacts – instead of trying to attend a number of small events to achieve the same benefits.
Health & Wellness Measures
The safety and well-being of each individual in attendance at WPC21 is paramount. As a planning committee, we are working diligently to continuously monitor COVID-19 news, updates, and related implications on events like ours.
You can register with confidence knowing WPC21 is being developed according to prescribed best practices in conference management as well as state and local health protocols. Specific details will be shared leading up to the conference, and our final policies will reflect all protocols in place this summer.
In the meantime, here are some examples of the measures being taken so that we can host as safe and enjoyable a conference as possible:
- Exhibit Hall designed to accommodate increased distancing
- Refined seating layouts that allow for greater spacing among attendees
- Virtual offering for one of our facility tours
- Meal and beverage service modifications
- Signage detailing directives and precautions throughout event
- Hand sanitizer readily available in all main conference areas